You as a tinyPM user can help translate the tool into your language. Why should you do that? Well… Agile tools play the best role in distributed environments where different cultures with different languages meet together. You can make it feel more familiar to your team mates. However we have also something for you personally :-)
What do you need?
- You need to know English and one another language (your national language)
- You need some time
- You need to have a SaaS tinyPM account with any plan (PERSONAL is enough)
What are the rules?
- Top contributor for each language wins a tinyPM t-shirt and a $20 Amazon.com gift certificate.
- Each other contributor who provides at least 20% of translation gets a tinyPM t-shirt.
- We will send gifts and include a language in main tinyPM release when it reaches 80% of translation.
Where to start?
You need to log into your own tinyPM. From there you can access translations in the two following ways.
- First one is to go to your “Account Settings” and there you will find a “Language” and a link to translations application.
- Second one is to use a “gear” menu in the upper-right corner of the screen, which contains “Translate tinyPM” option.
Oh, by the way… When I’m writing this post we have already Spanish translation done, Portuguese and German in progress with new contributions! You are great!
Update May 8th, 2013
Yeah! There are some translations that are already finished. It’s also great to see some new languages that where not present in previous versions. Great! We’ve already contaced translators and are sending gifts.
- Slovenian NEW!
- Suomi (Finnish) NEW!
A few more are in progress. Gift certificates and T-shirts are waiting!
- Afrikaans NEW!