It’s been silent here recently, but for us this always means one thing… Our team must be working hard on something. And this time it’s tinyPM 3.0, so have a look at the first sneak peak to where tinyPM is heading with its new version!
The video above comes from our early walking skeleton. So what’s in there actually? We’ve decided to change a few things in UI but you will still find all what’s best in tinyPM in a new version, so the v3.0 should not be a shock to all the 2.x users.
The upcoming UI changes include:
- more client-side behavior so that the UI responds quickly and you don’t loose your current context,
- most of the create and edit forms will now show up in pop-ups (no more going to separate pages),
- you will be able to choose between single- and two-column views, cards and table modes (on backlog) and 3 zoom levels of detail for stories and tasks,
- the UI will be less cluttered and some actions will appear only in the right context (ie. after selecting some stories or tags),
- charts will get more interactive, so that you can get even more information out of them,
- most of the data will be editable inline (no more going to separate forms for quick changes on several stories),
- table view will get more sorting options and (re-)tagging many stories will become no-time operation
We’re doing this and many more in the spirit of our mantra “tiny effort, perfect management“. Here are a few screen shots presenting some of the above changes. You can find more on our Facebook Page.
We hope that you are already in the Christmas mood and would like to wish you all
Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!
~ tinyPM Team